Don’t let this summer pass you by without knocking some things off your bucket list! Austin has so much to offer that it is hard to work it all in, and the summer is the perfect time to see and do things that you have missed. Here are a few crazy-awesome ideas to pass the time in Austin!
1. Try a new restaurant. For the first time since I have lived in the great city of Austin, I ate at the popular Perlas restaurant located on South Congress. Right in the hoppin’ part of town and surrounded by trendy people this seafood and oyster bar definitely lived up to the hype, not to mention the seafood was fabulous!
2. Step up the creativity on date night. The High Ball offers cocktails, dining, karaoke, live music, and bowling all in one!
3. Use this hot weather to your advantage. Barton Springs and the Greenbelt are personal favorites of mine. Barton Springs is a unique place to catch some rays and relax, while the Greenbelt offers multiple hiking and biking trails. Both great for the family or to spend time with friends!
4. Find a new hangout spot. Tired of Starbucks and Coffee bean, I traded in my usual skinny caramel macchiato for a tasty iced Toddy Rico from Spider House Café. Probably one of the most Austin-y places I have been in a while, Spider House is a hipster café perfect for daytime studying and nighttime cocktails. Located just a couple blocks north of the University of Texas campus, it’s a must for students to check out!
5. Become an expert chef on one new dish. Search the world of Pinterest until you locate the one appetizer, entree, or dessert that you can make your specialty for these summer months!